International Organization for Migration
- Ref : MK/OFF-END/102020/09188
- Published : Oct 2, 2020
- Category : Internship
- Job from : International Organization for Migration
- Work Experience : 0-2 years
- Funding : International Organization for Migration
- Country : Burkina Faso
- Date line : Oct 15, 2020
- Budget : N/A
International Organization for Migration
Intern - IBM
Under the direct supervision of the Head of IBM Unit in Burkina Faso and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Burkina Faso, the staff will be accountable and responsible for assisting the planning, development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of IOM Burkina Faso programmes on immigration and border management (IBM). Extensive travel on the field and across the country will be required.
- Participating in projects’ development, including preliminary research, narratives writing, budget planning, ensuring project’s compliance with IOM standards and donor requirements on IBM.
Supporting activities’ implementation on border management projects in Burkina Faso, especially the MIDAS system deployment, the support to the Burkina Faso Border Police at central, regional and local level;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged.
Supporting the Project Officers & Managers for monitoring and evaluation, including reporting tasks on IOM projects, national and regional;
Assisting at strengthening links with existing/remaining Governmental Counterparts, law enforcement forces, NGOs, UN Agencies and Donors in Burkina Faso;
Assisting the IBM team in managing administration, communications, and visibility.
Perform any other related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Training and Learning
• The selected candidate will acquire technical skills in IBM.
• He / she will have access to online training available to IOM staff.
• He / she will gain professional experience in a multicultural environment within an international organization.
Qualifications required and Experience
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, International Development, Social Sciences, public health or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
Fluency in English and French is required (Oral and written).
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge andinnovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested parties are invited to submit their application by email to burkinavacanciesiom.int with the reference of the subject position: « OIMBF10-INTERN-001-2020 ». Applications must include a detailed CV and cover letter in a single PDF file. .
The deadline for applications is set at 15-oct.-20
Only shortlisted. candidates will be contacted.