Save the Children
- Ref : MK/OFF-END/102020/09303
- Published : Oct 7, 2020
- Category : Internship
- Job from : Save the Children
- Work Experience : 5-9 years
- Funding : Save the Children
- Country : Rwanda
- Date line : Oct 21, 2020
- Budget : N/A
Save the Children
Proposal Coordinator and Writer
Proposal Coordinator and Writer
About the Role:
This is an excellent fundraising career growth opportunity within Save the Children, in both humanitarian and development contexts. The post holder will support the response to funding opportunities. The post holder will support the CO functions involved in fundraising, including Program Development and Quality (PDQ), Awards and Partnerships, Finance, Administration and IT, and Operations in the development of funding proposals and concept notes, and compiling the required documentation of proposal development processes and application of SCI quality assurance tools such as Gender Equality Marker and risk analysis tools throughout the proposal development, review and approval stages. The post holder also ensures proposal processes are documented and the lessons arising from those processes are utilized to inform future proposals.
Qualifications and experience
Save the Children is looking for a truly dedicated candidate who has ardent career ambitions in fundraising and who demonstrates strong vision for Save the Children.
* Degree in management, business administration, social sciences, education, public health or any other related fields
* Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation. Strong design experience, inclusing log frame development
* Strong coordination skills
* Proven meeting, workshop and training facilitation skills
* Excellent writing and independent research skills
* Good understanding of donor compliance and its importance
* Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
* Excellent communication skills and time management skills
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Fluent written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances and drastically adjust working hours in line with deadlines
* Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
* Good understanding of at least one of Save the Children's programming thematic sectors which are education, child protection, child poverty, child rights governance, and health and nutrition
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and browser navigation.
* Experience of budget development
* Language skills in Kinyarwanda and/or French
* Experience or knowledge of working and living in Rwanda/Burundi contexts
* Specific experience of developing proposals for consortia projects
* Experience of leading needs assessments
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Deadline for receiving applications is 21st October 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dS5ob3NpYW5lLjg3MzU5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVja...