- Ref : MK/OFF-END/112020/10149
- Published : Nov 11, 2020
- Category : Internship
- Job from : AdvocAid
- Work Experience : 0-2 years
- Funding : AdvocAid
- Country : Sierra Leone
- Date line : Dec 1, 2020
- Budget : N/A
We are seeking a Development Intern for 3+ months. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to aid in donor reporting, to help strengthen our external communications and to research and respond to funding opportunities.
This is also an opportunity for professional business development as you will participate in the weekly Bridge Programme, a 12-month online training on how to use digital tools to effectively engage during COVID-19. While we prefer an in-country intern, in light of COVID-19 restrictions, we are open to accommodating a remote intern.
● Conduct interviews with paralegal and social work staff members (and at times the women we work with) in order to develop a bank of case studies that demonstrate the impact of AdvocAid’s work -a remote intern will contact paralegals, social workers, and other staff to follow up and document interesting cases and activities reported on the organisational Whatsapp group
● Generate weekly content for our social media platforms that highlights various programming and activities, maintain AdvocAid’s website, create newsletters for supporters, and write press releases
● Participate 2hrs/week in the BRIDGE training programme and incorporate relevant learning in communications
● Work with staff to ensure AdvocAid’s brand is well represented on all external documents
Capacity Development and Programme Support
● Support Executive Director in ensuring timely donor reporting by drafting assigned project reports and tracking deadlines
● Provide guidance, support, and training sessions to staff to help build AdvocAid’s fundraising and communication’s capacity
● Occasionally support project management and implementation of activities
● Proactively research funding opportunities and write applications to trusts, foundations and corporates in order to increase financial sustainability
● Support the Executive Director in developing grant proposals for institutional funders
● Develop a donor stewardship plan to encourage individual supporters to become regular donors
● Manage all donor thanking
● Help coordinate events planning
● Manage and update our monthly donor and stakeholder tracker
● Stay up to date with Global Giving activities; track and draft strategy for upcoming campaigns
How to apply
To apply, submit your CV and a cover letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please state the dates and duration you are available for. Please also describe a possible project you would be interested in pursuing at AdvocAid – this does not commit you to this idea only, but gives us an indication of your interests. Please address your application to the Executive Director, and write “Development intern application”.